Please note that a lot of information linked on our website is provided in .pdf format. If you require a PDF Reader, one can be downloaded from here.
WHSG Admission Policy for September 2016 Entry
Following the recent consultation our admissions policy for September 2016 entry has now been determined by the Governing Body.
The main changes to the policy are:
1. The introduction of 15 places reserved for applicants who pass the entrance
test, are eligible for Pupil Premium and who live in the radius of 6.7km from
2. The reduction from 80 to 65 places for applicants who pass the entrance test,
who live in the radius of 6.7km from the school but are not eligible for Pupil
3. A clarification of how long we will keep entrance test scripts
4. A clarification that it is the Admissions Committee who will decide eligibility
under special medical and or social reasons
5. The addition of Pupil Premium eligibility to the over-subscription criteria for
6. Some changes to our sixth form policy to reference the Pupil Premium in our
over-subscription criteria, to automatically offer a place to internal students
providing they meet the entry criteria and adding some flexibility on the
grades needed to proceed from AS to A2.
Please note that main changes to the draft policy are marked in red type.
The rationale for the main change of introducing some places for those eligible for Pupil
Premium in our over-subscription criteria is to make provision in our arrangements for
disadvantaged pupils reflecting the recommendations made by the Sutton Trust report
on entry to grammar schools for such pupils.
Please click here for the Admissions Policy for Year 7 entry September 2016
Please click here for Key Dates in 2015 for Year 7 entry September 2016
Please click here for Frequently asked questions about the selective eligibility test.
Please click here for Frequently asked questions about the second stage entrance test for Wallington High School for Girls.
Please click here for On line registration for the Joint Selective Eligibility Test 2016 Entry which will be available from the 1 May.