Please note that a lot of information linked on our website is provided in .pdf format. If you require a PDF Reader, one can be downloaded from here.
Consultation on WHSG Draft Admission Policy on Arrangements for September 2016 Entry
In accordance with the School Admissions Code, please find attached our draft
admission arrangements for entry in September 2016. The consultation period lasts
until 28th February 2015 and all responses must be received by this date. Responses
should be sent to the Chair of the Governing Body, via the school by post to Wallington
High School for Girls, Woodcote Road, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 0PH or email at
The main changes to the policy are:
1. The introduction of 15 places reserved for applicants who pass the entrance
test, are eligible for Pupil Premium and who live in the radius of 6.7km from
2. The reduction from 80 to 65 places for applicants who pass the entrance test,
who live in the radius of 6.7km from the school but are not eligible for Pupil
3. A clarification of how long we will keep entrance test scripts
4. A clarification that it is the Admissions Committee who will decide eligibility
under special medical and or social reasons
5. The addition of Pupil Premium eligibility to the over-subscription criteria for
6. Some changes to our sixth form policy to reference the Pupil Premium in our
over-subscription criteria, to automatically offer a place to internal students
providing they meet the entry criteria and adding some flexibility on the
grades needed to proceed from AS to A2.
Please note that main changes to the draft policy are marked in red type.
The rationale for the main change of introducing some places for those eligible for Pupil
Premium in our over-subscription criteria is to make provision in our arrangements for
disadvantaged pupils reflecting the recommendations made by the Sutton Trust report
on entry to grammar schools for such pupils.
Please click here for the Draft Admission Policy for Consultation
Please click here for Dates in 2015 for September 2016 entry
For Year 7 entry, the school will admit seven forms of thirty students.
All candidates must pass an Entrance Test in order to be eligible to be considered for a place at our school.
Each year the school is heavily oversubscribed, so we must then apply our oversubscription criteria as detailed in our Admissions Policy. Unfortunately, therefore, it is not possible to offer a place to everyone who passes the test.
Our Admissions Policy for Entry September 2015 has been determined by our Governing Body and is available to view here.
The main changes to the policy are:
- The introduction of a first stage Selective Eligibility test for candidates, along with other schools in the London Borough of Sutton.
- The introduction of a second stage Wallington High School for Girls test which includes both a Mathematics and English paper.
- The removal of the verbal reasoning test from both of the testing stages.
For Frequently asked Questions regarding the Selective Eligibility Test please click here.
Each year, there are a limited number of places available in our Sixth Form and applications are welcome from students of other schools. Offers of places are conditional on achieving the required grades at GCSE. New students quickly become part of the school and integrate fully into our school community. The closing date for applications for September 2014 has now passed but if you are still interested in joining us in September please contact us after your GCSE results have been received.