Open Day 2023
Our annual Open Evening provides a chance for prospective families and children to come and view our school and the facilities we offer; to learn more about the outstanding curriculum, pastoral support and extra-curricular/enrichment we provide before deciding where to spend their child’s secondary school career
DATE AND TIMING INFORMATION
Our Open Evening for is on Thursday 6th July 2023.
Wallington High School for Girls Open Evening is very popular. To avoid overcrowding and to ensure an even flow of visitors throughout the evening, the event will be ticketed and will provide 4 different entry times.
The entry times will be 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm.
Each entry time will provide visitors with a guided school tour in small numbers, led by some of our current students, before culminating in a Headteacher’s talk. The tour will provide families with opportunities to view the school facilities, meet teachers and learn more about the curriculum, pastoral and extra curricular provision we offer. Please allow 1 1/2 hrs for your visit.
In order to make the evening as comfortable as possible for our visitors this year, we kindly ask that you note the following important information:
- The event will be a ticket only event. Entry will not be permitted without a ticket.
- Tickets will be available to book entry at 4pm, 5pm, 6pm and 7pm. Please only book entry for one time slot.
- Please arrive on time for your booked entry. Late arrival will limit the time you have available to view the school.
- Each ticket will cover a family or up to 2 adults and 2 children. Families do not need to book more than one ticket nor a ticket per individual.
- We request that only students currently in Year 4 and 5 attend this event. If you have already secured a place in year 7 for 2023 entry, you do not need to attend as your child will be invited to an induction day in July 2023 to get to know the school and staff better.
- Please note that for health and safety reasons, we do not admit children under the age of 5 or those with buggies in the hall during the Headteacher’s talk.
- Whilst attending our Open Evening, we do kindly ask that you refrain from taking any photos or videos for safeguarding reasons.
BOOKING FOR THE OPEN EVENING
If you are interested in attending the Open Evening, please purchase your family ticket from the link below:
Open Evening Tickets
Once on the Eventbrite website you will be asked to select the time slot you prefer for the evening. Then click register to receive the ticket after you have provided your name and contact email.
Once tickets sell out for a particular time slot, Eventbrite will not provide you with the option of reserving a spot. Please check the other timed entry slots for remaining availability.
You will receive your booked ticket via eTicket which you can show on arrival to the Open Evening via your digital device or you can bring a printed version.
There is no parking onsite at the school. There is very limited parking available in the surrounding roads, If you do drive, please park courteously to avoid disrupting our neighbours. Visitors may decide to use Dobbies Garden Centre car park that is next door to the school. Please note that this car park will shut at 8pm so visitors for the last entry time of 7pm should not use this car park or you will risk your car being locked in overnight.
If you are a blue badge holder, please contact us with your details to request disabled parking by 20 June, firstname.lastname@example.org We have two disabled parking spaces and these will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
We advise you to use public transport where possible. Buses 127, 54 and 463 stop right outside the school and we are approximately a 20 minute walk from Wallington Station. Cycle storage is available for those who wish to cycle.
Our Admissions Team will be on hand to advise you on any aspects of our Admissions process.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school and hope that you will have a very enjoyable evening with us.
If you have any questions or enquiries regarding this event, please contact us on email@example.com
You may be approached outside school by companies who offer 11+ tuition. Please note that we are unable to prevent them patrolling outside our school premises but we do not endorse these companies. We do not advocate tutoring for your daughter in terms of preparing for our entrance test.