Please note that a lot of information linked on our website is provided in .pdf format. If you require a PDF Reader, one can be downloaded from here.
Year 7 Admissions
The Selective Eligibility Test for 2021 entry that was due to be held on 15th September is postponed.
The new date for the SET is Wednesday 11 November.
The Nonsuch & Wallington Second Stage Entrance Examination will take place on Saturday 28 November 2020
This necessary delay means that the Selective Eligibility Test will now take place after the deadline for submission of your Local Authority Common Application Form (31st October 2020). Any questions about this must be addressed to your Local Authority as schools do not have any involvement in this part of the process.
Wallington High school for Girls complies with the co-ordinated Admissions Scheme which is administered by the London Borough of Sutton. Girls are normally admitted at age 11, when all students must have gained a selective place through the entrance test and placed Wallington High School for Girls on their Secondary Common Application form, in order to be eligible for admission. There is no guarantee of a place to applicants who meet the over-subscription criteria.
Applications for Year 7 September 2021 open on 1 May 2020. Please click here to apply.
Please click here for Selective Eligibility Test Guidance on requests for Special Arrangements.
Please note that the deadline for requests and evidence is Friday 19 June 2020.
If you have any questions regarding admissions,
please email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Our entrance test is broadly based on the KS2 curriculum and we do not consider it to be necessary for children to be tutored in order to gain access to the entrance test. We never allow 11+ tutoring companies in our schools.
Date of Selective Eligibility Test - 11th November 2020
Date of Second Stage Examination - 28th November 2020
Please click on the following links for information about the entrance test. This information relates to entry 2021.
Due to the ongoing consideration given to Coronavirus when planning these tests for November 2020, we are having to provide a significant level of additional information. We strongly advise all parents and candidates to read this information carefully to understand how the test day will run and all the special provisions and requirements that are in place.
Procedures for Selective Eligibility Test days 2020
To put all parents minds at ease, we have undertaken significant planning and risk assessments for these events. We have provided a number of important requests below
- To limit numbers in and around the school, only one family family/carer(s) will be allowed to escort or collect each candidate to or from the premises. Any additional people will be turned away.
- All candidates or accompanying adults will be asked to were a face mask or coverings whilst on site or in any queue. Candidates may remove coverings whilst seated in an exam room.
- All Wallington Staff have been encouraged to wear face coverings and gloves when moving amongst the candidates.
- Candidates and families are asked to respect social distancing at all times whilst on school premises; keeping at least 2m between different household groups.
- Contact between candidates has been minimised wherever possible by running 2 exam sessions instead of one, sitting candidates in smaller exam rooms and having more spacious seating plans, grouping students by primary school wherever possible and limiting access around the school by use of Zones.
- As much of the waiting prior and after exams will happen outside, each candidate is strongly advised to bring warm or weather appropriate clothing
- There will be no parking provided by the school itself or in the surrounding roads on the day of the tests. However, parking is available in Woodcote Garden Centre from 9am. Toilets at the garden centre will only be available for paying customers.
- All exam rooms will be provided with hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and tissues
- All Candidates needs to come to the test equipped with at least 2 pencils, an eraser, a sharpener, a ruler. Candidates should also bring their own personal hand sanitizer and tissues along with a bottle of water and snack. You may also wish to bring a book to read in the break.
The full risk assessment can be found here
Drop off arrangements
When dropping off a student for a test, candidates are asked to enter the school via the main car Park entrance from Woodmansterne Lane.
AM session - Please do not arrive prior to 8am as access to the school will not start until 8.10am
PM session - Please do not arrive prior to 12.20pm as access to the school will not start until 12.30pm
Pick up arrangements
When collecting a student from a test, candidates are asked to enter the school via the service road entrance from Woodcote Road.
AM session - Please do not arrive prior to 11am as access to the school will not start until 11.10am
PM session – Please do not arrive prior to 3.40pm as access to the school will not start until 3.45pm
Selective Eligibility Test
- SET Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Answer Sheet
- English SET Sample Questions
- Maths SET Sample Questions
- SET Special Arrangements
Nonsuch & Wallington Second Stage Examination Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Second Stage English Sample Questions
- Second Stage Maths Sample Questions
- Second Stage Maths sample answers
Mid Term Admissions - Year 8-11
At present we are full and have a waiting list for places. If you wish to apply for a midterm place at the school you need to complete a Mid Term Admission Form available to download from the London Borough of Sutton website.
Sixth Form Admissions
Information regarding sixth form admissions is available by clicking on Curriculum, Sixth Form and then admissions or by clicking here.
Admissions Policies 2020 & 2021 Entry
Please click on the links below