GLT exists as an all-girls Trust that delivers a first class education to young women ensuring that they realise their full potential and are well prepared for their future.
This is achieved through:
- Delivering excellent standards of teaching and learning consistently across the Trust, setting high expectations for all, adopting an evaluative approach to improving performance and securing strong outcomes for all students.
- Developing a deep understanding of how girls learn, develop and thrive and using this to underpin a common approach to education across the Trust.
- Collaborating across the Trust to ensure each school provides and receives support where needed.
- Ensuring a range of professional development and career progression opportunities across the Trust to enable the recruitment and retention of excellent staff.
- Providing effective pastoral provision for all students ensuring they are supported, developed and well cared for during their time in the Trust.
- Embedding high aspirations for students allowing them to become successful female leaders of the future.
- Creating an exciting, challenging and creative curriculum across the Trust, both inside and outside of the classroom, to allow all students to realise their full potential.
- Securing a financially viable Trust through strategic financial and operational management and by working collaboratively to maximise financial efficiencies.
- Appreciating and utilising the important role of all stakeholders in the Trust.
GLT values are shared by everyone and inform the decision making of the Trust. They are:
The Trust exists to provide excellence in girls’ education and this excellence permeates everything from the high standards of teaching and student learning in the classroom to the service that every visitor receives when they enter the schools in the Trust.
Each school in the Trust is both a giver and receiver of support from others. Support given to each school and between the leadership teams, departments and staff within each school is fundamental to success.
Respect for all
Everyone across the Trust has a valuable part to play in its success and has the opportunity to contribute. This includes staff at all levels in the organisation as well as students, parents, trustees and governors.
The Trust welcomes and celebrates its diversity and ensures that everyone within the school community has the opportunity to success regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexuality, disability or socio- economic background.
Everyone takes pride in the success of the schools in the Trust and the part they play in it. Opportunities are actively sought to share and celebrate success across both the Trust, individual schools and the local communities.
GLT aims to:
- Achieve an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ grade for every school in the Trust
- Grow our Trust within London and the South East Area
- Maintain the financial stability of the Trust as it expands
- Ensure the proportion of disadvantaged students within each school in the Trust reflects the local community they serve
- Develop a cross Trust programme for supporting and educating both staff and students in positive mental well being