Report an Absence
Reporting your child's Absence from School
If you wish to report your child's absence from school either if she is unwell or if she has an appointment, please use the dedicated email address below:
If your daughter has to leave school for a medical appointment or has an exam or is attending an appointment before coming into school, please send an email to the above address box giving us at least 24 hours notice.
We are unable to let a student in Years 7-11 leave school without prior knowledge as it is a safe-guarding issue. We would ask that you advise us in your email whether your child is being collected by a parent/carer. If you are not collecting your child, please give your permission for them to leave school on their own in the email.
School policy states that:
If your child has been sick or is suffering from diarrhoea or both , they should remain at home until their symptoms have cleared. Your child should not return to school until at least 48 hours have passed since the last episode of vomiting/diarrhoea.
Parents/carers are expected to email email@example.com daily during this time.
Covid related absence
- Students with mild symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, or mild cough, who are otherwise well, can continue to attend school.
- Students who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and where possible avoid contact with other people. They can return to school when they no longer have a high temperature, and are well enough.
- If a student has a positive COVID-19 test result they should try to stay at home and where possible avoid contact with other people for 3 days after the day they took the test. The risk of passing the infection on to others is much lower after 3 days if they feel well and do not have a high temperature.
Reporting a Covid related absence
- Please report any Covid related absence in the same way that all other absences are reported, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.30am. Please state the specific reason for the absence.
- If the absence is due to a positive Covid test results then please include Covid in the subject of your email and include the date on which your child tested positive. We will no longer be using Test Register.