Selective Eligibility Test - 11th November 2020 Information
Date of Selective Eligibility Test - 11th November 2020
Date of Second Stage Examination - 28th November 2020
Please click on the following links for information about the entrance test. This information relates to entry 2021.
Due to the ongoing consideration given to Coronavirus when planning these tests for November 2020, we are having to provide a significant level of additional information. We strongly advise all parents and candidates to read this information carefully to understand how the test day will run and all the special provisions and requirements that are in place.
COVID-19 and the Selective Eligibility Test - Joint Statement by the Participating Schools
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and government restrictions the participating schools in the Selective Eligibility Test have been working to ensure that the test day runs as smoothly and as safely as possible for all those involved. The specific arrangements in place at each school will vary as a result of the unique circumstances of each school. You will be able to access more details about the specific arrangements in place at the school where your child will sit the test on the relevant school’s website. However we can assure you that all of the participating schools will have measures in place in relation to the following:
· Social distancing of parents and candidates on arrival and collection
· Social distancing of candidates and school staff and student helpers within the school premises
· Reduction of queuing so far as possible
· Face coverings for parents, staff, student helpers and candidates when and where appropriate (unless exempt)
· Hand washing/sanitising for everyone involved
· Cleaning of chairs, desks, toilet facilities and high touch points between sessions
· Appropriate ventilation of exam venues
We all share responsibility for controlling the spread of the virus and therefore parents/carers are expected to assist the efforts in this regard on the test day by following all instructions provided by your allocated school venue before the day, and on the day, carefully. These instructions will include ensuring your child arrives with a personal bottle of hand sanitiser, tissues, all necessary pencils and associated equipment for the test and is dressed appropriately for the day. We are very grateful for your support.
Those schools with second stage tests will follow similar protocols on the second stage entrance examination day.
Procedures for Selective Eligibility Test days 2020
To put all parents minds at ease, we have undertaken significant planning and risk assessments for these events. We have provided a number of important requests below
- To limit numbers in and around the school, only one family member or carer will be allowed to escort or collect each candidate to or from the premises. Any additional people will be turned away.
- All candidates or accompanying adults are asked to wear a face mask or covering whilst on site or in any queue. Candidates may remove face coverings whilst seated in an exam room.
- All Wallington staff have been encouraged to wear face coverings and gloves when moving amongst the candidates.
- Candidates and families are asked to respect social distancing at all times whilst on school premises; keeping at least 2m between different household groups.
- Contact between candidates has been minimised wherever possible by running 2 exam sessions instead of one, sitting candidates in smaller exam rooms and having more spacious seating plans, grouping students by primary school wherever possible and limiting access around the school by use of Zones.
- As much of the waiting prior and after exams will happen outside, each candidate is strongly advised to bring warm or weather appropriate clothing
- There will be no parking provided by the school itself or in the surrounding roads on the day of the tests. However, parking is available in Woodcote Garden Centre from 9am. Toilets at the garden centre will only be available for paying customers.
- All exam rooms will be provided with hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and tissues
- All Candidates needs to come to the test equipped with at least 2 pencils, an eraser, a sharpener in a clear pencil case or bag. Some candidates also find a ruler useful to help when completing their answers on the answer sheet; ensuring they select the right line to answer on the multiple choice sheet. Candidates should also bring their own personal hand sanitizer and tissues along with a clear bottle of water and snack. You may also wish to bring a book to read in the break.
The full risk assessment can be found here
Drop off arrangements
When dropping off a student for a test, candidates are asked to enter the school via the main car Park entrance from Woodmansterne Lane.
AM session - Please do not arrive prior to 8am as access to the school will not start until 8.10am
PM session - Please do not arrive prior to 12.20pm as access to the school will not start until 12.30pm
Pick up arrangements
When collecting a student from a test, candidates are asked to enter the school via the service road entrance from Woodcote Road.
AM session - Please do not arrive prior to 11am as access to the school will not start until 11.10am
PM session – Please do not arrive prior to 3.40pm as access to the school will not start until 3.45pm
Selective Eligibility Test
- SET Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Answer Sheet
- English SET Sample Questions
- Maths SET Sample Questions
- SET Special Arrangements
Nonsuch & Wallington Second Stage Examination Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Second Stage English Sample Questions
- Second Stage Maths Sample Questions
- Second Stage Maths sample answers