Schools are held account to meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks. These are a set of 8 benchmarks that research has shown provide students with an excellent careers education. At WHSG we constantly try to meet these and our improvement planning is based around this. Below is a set of useful links, for our school community, that will help students to experience careers education across all of the benchmarks.
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from careers and labour market information
Courses to improve employability skills - Find a course | National Careers Service
National Service - Get the Jump: explore your education and training choices
Website to search for university courses - Discover Uni Home | Discover Uni
Labour Market Information - CITB in your local area - CITB
Labour Market Information - LMI For All – LMI For All
3. Addressing the needs of each student
Securing Good Transitions: A resource pack to support the next steps of Key Stage 4 pupils with SEND | Whole School SEND
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
Click here to find information of how different subjects can help you to follow different careers paths.
5. Encounters with employers and employees
Careers notice board here.
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance